Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Worship Wednesdays

 Some of you may know that worship is a pretty big part of Chris and my lives. Being involved in worship at St. James is actually how we met. I will save that story for another day but you may know that Chris plays and sings in our praise team at church. He plays both acoustic and electric guitar and has an awesome voice! Yes, I completely understand that I am bias but in reality, he's really talented. Anyway, worship consists of so many different aspects but I'm starting something called Worship Wednesdays that will consist of me posting a praise song every Wednesday that really speaks to me or something I see going on so that I can share it with you. When I decided to start this I knew exactly what song I would use first. Jesus Culture is one of our favorite worship bands out there and we love their cutting edge style. When I first heard this song it spoke to me in so many ways which I will explain below.

Here inside Your presence
Taken by the wonder of You
Here inside Your glory
We give our lives fully to You

We cry Holy, Holy are You
We cry Holy, Holy are You

Your love it burns inside
Our hearts are satisfied by You
Your love is our reward
It’s why we ask for more of You

We cry Holy, Holy are You
Our hearts are burning, burning for You
We cry Holy, Holy are You
Our hearts are burning, burning for You

We are Your burning ones
We are consumed by You
We set our lives apart
We are consumed by You

So let this love be like a fire
Let our life be like a flame
Fill our souls with Your desire
Let our passion bring You fame

So much of those words speak to me as I desire to be more and more consumed by God instead of the things that we allow to consume ourselves. I made that last line bold though for a reason. That line has always stuck out to me since the first day I heard it. What if I was like that? What if you were like that? What if we were so consumed and so passionate about God that we truly brought him fame.

Fame: The condition of being known or talked about by many people, especially on account of notable achievements.

Now, God definitely does fit this definition. He is talked about by many people and talked about because of what He has done. However, when I think of fame what comes to my mind is Hollywood! Those people who you want to go pick up the latest People magazine to read about their lives and what they are up to. The people that fill up an hour of Entertainment Tonight or E! News daily. God is definitely talked about (mainly on Sundays) but I don't see people RUSHING out the door to hear the latest story of what He did in someones life. I pray that we can all live this way- that our passion truly does bring Him fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment