Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Pages Turned

 I love to read. I love the smell of new books. I love the sound of pages turning. I love the sturdiness of hardback. I love the flexibility of paperback. I love novels. I love non-fiction. I love devotional books. I love books on prayer. I love books on christian living. I totally judge books by their cover. I love new authors. I dream of having a library with a ladder on wheels in my home. I love to buy books. I don't love libraries. I want to be able to go back to the book. To revisit the laughter, the tears, the advice, the encouragement.

I've felt this way since I was a child. I still love to look back at childhood books. Even at my assigned reading books. Once, Chris encouraged me to get rid of some of my book collection at a yard sale. I did. NEVER. AGAIN.

I dream of being a part of a book club. I've always wanted to. These days I don't read as much fiction as I have in years past. I've grown to love so many Christian authors and it seems as if they are always coming out with new books. With that being said, I'm going to begin my own little book club right here on my blog. Join me if you would like.

Here are our next few titles....

 
 
 
 
I picked these for various reasons.
Girls with Swords- I read a previous book of hers that I loved.
Mended- Catchy cover
The Fruitful Wife- I've been wanting to read this author. She writes many books geared towards teenage girls and I want to find out more about her.
Greater- A good friend recommended this.
Follow Me- I've read David Platt before (Radical) and loved it.
The Circle Maker- I've seen people post on the social media world about this book and it peaked my interest.
 
Have any of you read these? Thoughts? Opinions?
 
I'm currently reading The Fruitful Wife.
When I'm done ~ You'll know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment