Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lingering Sadness

 

Yall, I'm not going to lie I have had this sadness that haven't been able to shake. I honestly thought that after all the sad goodbye festivities of the weekend, and Hunter's funeral yesterday that I would wake up today fresh and new. I prayed I would wake up more motivated to share God's love, and more motivated to be the mom, wife, friend, employee I know I want to/should/can/am called to be. Reality check- I have been feeling some blues today. Much less motivated. Much less refreshed. Maybe even a little bit more sad. So I tried some things that I thought might get me going. I imagined a new house one day (yes I am totally aware how materialistic and superficial that is). I listened to Louie Giglio's talk/musical arrangement of the Symphony. If none of you have heard that before go YouTube it, it is well worth it. I ate some chocolate. I'm telling yall- none of these things are working. Granted, I know I will soon go scoop up my little munchkin H and he will bring a smile to my face as he always does right now. But it made me think about how we shake sadness. Sadness will come. Fortunately for us, sadness will also go. But, how do we handle it when it does come swooping in with its tears and frowns?

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you;
he will never let the righteous be shaken Psalm 55:22


Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:1-2


The only way we can truly shake the sadness and not just put on a happy pretend face is to look to God. He is close to you when you are hurting, he will save you, put your cares on him, he will give you strength, you can trust him, you can find refuge in him.

So when you're sad its okay to do a little new home imagining, eat a little chocolate, find a powerful preacher and listen to him preach the word, but where you will find your sustenance and where you will find your joy... is in His word where you find His promises. His promises are good and are faithful and He will always come through on His promises. So today, that is what I'm clinging to when I can't shake this sadness.


No comments:

Post a Comment