Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

worship wednesday - shepherd

What do you think of the new look and the new name? Lot's more to come with this and I'm excited to be taking different pieces of our lives and laying them out for you here. Tomorrow I'm planning on explaining the name change. There are about three people in this world who know where it comes from. (Ahem... Rachel) Thank you for indulging me reading my blog - that's why we're friends. My favorite part of this little or minute corner of the internet to me has always been sharing worship songs with you on Wednesdays. So I thought the best way to debut the new look was with worship. 

Right now I'm living through Amanda Cook's new Brave New World album. It's tempting to list every song on here but I'm going to stick with this beautiful song Shepherd. I just can't get over that line - so walking on water is just the beginning. It's no secret that Chris and I lead very busy lives. We always talk about how to make our lives less busy and we just stare at each other realizing that there isn't anything that we can or want to let go. But, God is with us through all of that busyness and he arranges our steps. With him, ALL is possible and walking on water is just the beginning. 




Or how about - "you're making melodies over me." Yall, I can't even. God- singing melodies over me. Tears. Worship. Rest. See y'all tomorrow! 



In the process, in the waiting 
You’re making melodies over me 
And Your presence is the promise
For I am a pilgrim on a journey

You will lift my head above the mighty waves 
You are able to keep me from stumbling
And in my weakness
You are the strength that comes from within
Good Shepherd of my soul 
Take my hand and lead me on

You make my footsteps and my path secure
So walking on water is just the beginning
Cause my faith to arise, stand at attention
For You are calling me to greater things

Oh how I love You, how I love You
You have not forsaken me 
Oh how I love You, how I love You 
With You is where I want to be

No comments:

Post a Comment