Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Worship Wednesday

It's Wednesday which means it's the day I post songs - that is when I'm blogging. You never know what you might get from me! Anyway, last night were the Dove Awards which I've always wanted to go to. The Dove awards recognize Christian music and last night the Best New Artist was a huge favorite of mine - Ellie Holcomb! Congratulations to Ellie!

Ellie Holcomb is a solo artist but has in the past written music and toured with her husband, Drew Holcomb, and his band, Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors. Without obviously knowing it, their music has intertwined some huge events in Chris and my lives.

- Funny story about her husband Drew is that YEARS ago, Chris played the same Open Mic night as him at a place called Eddie's Attic in Atlanta. Drew won the open mic night that evening and continued to pursue music after that.

- Then Chris and I went to see them do a show literally right after we got engaged. It was a special time and they played their song "Fire and Dynamite" which has always been one of our "songs" you could say. Give it a listen- love it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RnGqjSWNEk

- Also, last year Ellie was the guest artist for Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb tour. First- know that Behold the Lamb is an incredible experience at Christmas and you need to make plans to go. They will be in Valleydale this year on December 14th. Chris knows that my dream is to go see it at the Ryman in Nashville and I hope to one day! But, we went to Montgomery for Behold the Lamb last year to announce to our parents that we were pregnant, only to have our miscarriage the next morning. One of the songs that played in my head over the next weeks was her song, "The Valley." Give it a listen- it's worth it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqhVjJ_YFRE

All in all- you should be listening to both Drew and Ellie's music as they're both incredible lyricists, musicians, storytellers, etc. On a side note- she has the best Nashville style! She did a Kick starter campaign to help fund her solo album last year and it is incredible. I thought today I would share with you one of the songs from her album, "As Sure as the Sun." This song is My Portion and My Strength... enjoy!



My Portion and My Strength

Your voice calmed the wind and the sea
Can you calm these storms inside of me?
Help me to stand
on the promise that You are holding my right hand
Help me to know
that even when I lose my grip You won't let go
Help me believe
that You will be my portion and my strength


Your voice gave the blind the gift of sight
Can you take my darkness and turn it into light?
Help me to stand
on the promise that You are holding my right hand
Help me to know
that even when I lose my grip You won't let go
Help me believe
that You will be my portion and my strength


Your voice called the man out of the grave
Can You breathe new life into this mess I've made?
Help me believe
that You will be my portion and my strength
Help me believe
that You will be my portion and my strength

You'll be my portion and my strength


No comments:

Post a Comment